Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Do you know ?

"Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”"

John 4 : 10 (New King James Version)


Here is a lil background to whats happening. Jesus is on His way to Galilee but He needed to go to Samaria. Now He comes to a city of Samaria and sits down besides Jacob's well.Now a woman of Samaria comes to the well to draw water and Christ says "Give Me a drink" Now this woman is stunned. How can a Jew ask a Samaritan for water !!

So many times we are like that . God says "Do My Will...Spread My Word " and we say "Lord You are asking me ? Why would a Holy God look upon a sinner like me ? Why would a Holy God want me me me to be used for His Glory ? "

Now we read in verse 10 Christ says "If you knew the gift of God..." What is this gift ? Its the gift of freedom from sin ! Its the gift of eternal life ! Its the gift of being alive in Christ and dead to sin ! How ? Christ took our place on the cross ...He ransomed us by His blood . Please try and read Romans 5: 12-21 & Romans 6 :1-14.

Christ tells the woman (v10) "..and who it is who says to you " .. Recognize who Christ is ! Know who He is ! Some of us think "Ok God is there when I pray and when I go to church ".... Many of us forget He is always there with us seeing every action listening to every word knowing every thought. We forget that He is our Father and we are His children . We forget that He is the great I AM. We forget that He is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords ! We forget that He has called us His own !

For if you knew who He is, then what ? You would have asked of Him !!

Then what ?? He would have given you living water !!!

I started this writing it from a different view in mind,but the Lord has led me to type this. I know the Lord is speaking to you specifically. I pray that our eyes and our hearts be opened to receive His word and know that He is the Alpha and the Omega , the beginning and the End, He is our Father ... and that we as His children can ask Him and He will give us Living Water !

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment