Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Quoting or Living ?

“I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

Galatians 2: 20


Ok we all know what a circle looks like . Generally a circle is used as a representation of completeness . With that perspective I feel that for many of us our application of a lot of scriptures to our life has been a semi circle :-) and I thank God that He is teaching us to apply the word in completeness.

Let me explain… I remember as a kid I went through this phase where I was afraid of the dark. Oh you should have seen the scriptures I would quote. Hey good lessons thought at home and at Sunday School – Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world , Its no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me J

But I think even as grown ups or college kids we still are in the same habit of quoting scriptures in a time of need rather than living the scripture . When waiting for that exam result , when waiting for that promotion , oh we make sure we tell the devil not to mess with us because we are His and that Christ lives in us. And the moment we have our answered prayer where does that all go away ?

Are we living the word ?
· I have been crucified in Christ needs to be a 24*7 application in our lives.
· Its no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me needs to be a 24*7 application in our lives

Whether people hurt us, whether we get stuck in this terrible traffic jam and someone hits the car , whether people falsely accuse us , come what may… Do we live , do we react , do we speak , do we desire as Christ who lives in us ?

Are we just quoting scriptures or are we living them ? Its time to grow

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment