Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Look a little higher !

"I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth."

Psalm 121:1-2


As a kid having grown up with my house really close by the hills, I used to love going up onto the terrace of the house and just looking at the hills... There was something awesome about just looking at those majestic hills and know this calmness within that my help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth

But here is what the Lord made me realize this morning... Picture this with me (Yes, I know I use this phrase a lot ! )  You are walking lets say backpacking through a path and you see these huge hills right in front of you .. And you obviously in comparison are tiny ... You've made a long journey thus far and right ahead you see these hills and you go "ahhh Im exhausted , im tired ... this is too much".... 

For those feeling this way this morning, here is an encouragement , know this : Our help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth ! Look a little higher.. See what is way higher than the hills .. Our God ! He made the heavens and the earth ! And He is with us ! Press on

He will not let your foot be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is your keeper;
the LORD is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
The LORD will keep
your going out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore.

Psalm 121:3-8

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment