Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Do you love God ?

"“If you love Me, keep My commandments."
John 14 : 15 (New King James Version)

I was going through some old notes in some boxes when I came across this note that my friend had given me ten years ago. It was what the Lord had laid in her heart to tell me . And that was that I loved the people of the world more than I loved God ! I would go overboard in helping people and making them happy . But I didnt show the same zeal for God. Well here I am ten years from then and I thank God for being so patient and so merciful.

To Obey is better than to sacrifice . God is not looking at us climbing a hundred mountains or doing some great sacrificial act to show that we love Him. All that He is telling us is that if we truly love Him then we will keep His commandments !

Simple isnt it ? But do we do it ? No ! That means we dont love God . We say we do ...but we dont take the effort. Instead we give in to that unwanted relationship, that sexual bondage , that unwanted habit , that laziness, that spirit of pride,.....

If we say we love God then we are to keep His commandments ! Its as simple as that .

Do we love God ?

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment