Monday, November 9, 2009

ALL things

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”

Philippians 4:13 (New King James Version)

I remember always claiming this verse when I had hectic project work and a very crucial deliverable J I rested upon Him knowing that it is only by His grace that I can do anything. And by His strength , by relying upon Him totally I will come out victorious.

The Lord opened my eyes to see the entirety of this verse… I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Meaning even when times are tough and I am supposed to go through that tough time I can get through it through Christ who strengthens me.

When I have been praying for the salvation of loved ones and I don’t see anything happening I wont give up hope – How ? Through Christ who strengthens me ! Do we realize that ? I know I didn’t .
Sometimes when we don’t see answers for our prayers over a period of time we begin to weaken… and that’s when we need to remember ‘I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me’. We need to say ‘Lord even in this period of waiting I will wait patiently because You are my strength and even though waiting is tough but I can do all things through You”

We read in verse 12 , “ I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.”. Wow ! ALL things :-)

We are not of the world . We are citizens of heaven ! Did you know that ? We read in Philippians 3:20 ‘For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ,

We are foreigners in this world. We are not native of it J Our Father is the King of kings and the Lord of lords.

And we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. Be it waiting patiently on Him , be it facing persecution for His name’s sake , be it going through tough times… we can do all things..
Not by our might , nor by our power…but by His Spirit !

Next time when you go through a tough situation , or when things are just beyond comprehension …remember… you can get through it through Christ who strengthens you. You may not always have an answer to the question why … but when you are walking in accordance to God’s Holy will , you know you are being shaped right !

Struggling with addiction ? It doesn’t matter what it is .. be it bad vocab , lying , smoking ,… sexual immorality … You can overcome it and be set free. How ? Through Christ who strengthens you .

“I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment