Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Worship & Serve

“”Therefore, if You will worship before me, all will be Yours.” And Jesus answered and said to him, ‘ Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, “You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.’””

Luke 4 : 7-8 (New King James Version)

We read in verses 5-6 , “Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said to Him, “All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I will give it to whomever I wish.

Sounds familiar ? How many times has the devil flashed something before our eyes and enticed us saying ‘take it…’

I know listening to other peoples conversations is wrong :-) but the other day I just couldn’t help but listen to a conversation that two girls in the bus were having. One girl said to the other “No its different … its praying to a negative energy and that is dangerous. You see when you pray to God you ask what you want and He wants nothing in return. That is God. But when you ask something from this negative energy then later he will ask for something in return and you must give it.”

Interesting isn’t it ? Not a Christian but a nice understanding of how God works . The devil is going to come and flash things of the world in front of our eyes and say ‘take it…’ and in return we become slaves to sin. And the wages of sin is death !

Sometimes a lot of us worship our work ! We give it all our best .. the best of our mind the best of our body and in the process we forget time with God and hence deprive our soul. I’m not saying work is bad.. But if that takes our priority over spending time with our Lord then we really need to get things in place.

What did Jesus say ? He knew the word of God from Deuteronomy and said ‘You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only you shall serve’

And Him only we shall serve !! Wow ! Worship and Serve ! Are we doing that ? Not just on a Sunday morning ! Every cell in our body needs to long to be in His presence … to give God our very best ! Not our last .. not our so called free time… No no no.
The devil is going to come and tell us ‘here focus on this of the world…focus on that of the world… worship me ! and see what I can give you’

I pray that we will rebuke the devil and tell him “No ! I will worship and serve only my Lord my God my Savior Jesus Christ ! He gets my best. He gets my everything . “

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment