Monday, April 26, 2010

Do not be wise in your own eyes

“Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil, It will be health to your flesh, And strength to your bones.”

Proverbs 3: 7-8 (New King James Version)

When I drive my bike , I think all the car and auto drivers are terrible drivers and are inconsiderate to two wheelers. When I drive the car , I think all the bikes are totally reckless and drive in the middle of the road without making way for the four wheelers to go. Strange isn’t it . How something so small as the vehicle we drive can make such a change in perspective. Now imagine how my life would be if I made all the decisions based only on my own strength ? What if I planned every aspect of my life based on what I think is right ? CATASTROPHIC ! That’s the apt word. When I was a kid I had these phases where I liked different colors . And all my clothes, my school bag, even my pencil box would be that color. There was these phase of yellow , and then purple… I remember when I was a kid that I even got my shorts for sleeping in purple. Now when I look back I wonder ‘what was I thinking!!’ :-)

We are so limited in our thinking and our understanding. In fact many at times we don’t even know what we really want. We think this is what we want. We think this is the way we would have things. 5 years down the line we go ‘Oh my… what was I thinking’.

Want the secret to a regret-free life ? Do not be wise in your eyes. Seek God. Seek His will in your life. And when He leads and when He guides its perfect. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He loves us beyond measure. Even when we ignore Him , He still is waiting for us to turn to Him.

It is important that we seek His will in all that we do and commit everything to Him. We read in the preceding verses Proverbs 3: 5-6 , “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” Beautiful ! Its like this step by step process. Are you lost ? Confused ? Stuck at crossroads ? Find yourself in a mess ? Gone astray from the will of God ?

Come before His presence, repent . His love is immeasurable. All we have to do is trust in Him ! (He is God , He is perfect , He cannot make a mistake – who better to trust ? ) Lean not on our own understanding. When we say we trust in Him then we need to let Him lead the way . Not we going ahead wherever we choose and say ‘Ok Lord now tag along with me just so that I am safe’. We have to lean totally on Him and Him only. In all our ways acknowledge Him ! If you are well and able to read this mail , have fingers to click your mouse , breathing in well by God’s grace understand how blessed you are. In everything you do give Him all the glory. Understand we cant even blink without His grace sustaining us

Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil, It will be health to your flesh, And strength to your bones.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment