Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Let us not be found as deceivers

“”But cursed be the deceiver who has in his flock a male, and takes a vow, but sacrifices to the Lord what is blemished – For I am a great King says the LORD of hosts, And My name is to be feared among the nations.”

Malachi 1: 14 (New King James Version)



When we read about sacrifices in the old testament , we read consistently about how the animals that were sacrifices were unblemished. In other words , it was the best of the flock that was given. This verse basically says that cursed is a man who takes a vow and sacrifices a blemished offering when there is an unblemished male in the flock.

You and I have taken a stand to live this life for Christ and live by His holy word. We are a living sacrifice. When we offer up ourselves to Him , do we give God our best or do we give God the blemished ? Here is a quick example…We have 24hours in a day. Which part of our day do we give to God ? Do we give Him the best or do we give Him what’s left over ? May we not be found as deceivers in the sight of God. We have vowed to love the Lord with all our heart , mind and strength. May we give Him the best and not the blemished.


This is a familiar verse , Romans 12:1-2 , “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

In the Old testament , what happened when a sacrifice was offered unto God and was found acceptable in the sight of the Lord ? It was consumed completely by fire. There was no trace of the original sacrifice. And that is exactly what needs to happen to us. Be completely consumed by Him.

When we offer ourselves to the Lord as a sacrifice we need to understand that we are saying ‘Lord none of me but all of You . Transform me , renew me , refine me ‘

I know I have mentioned this before , but would like to say it again , It is much easier to say ‘Lord I need more of You’ than to say ‘Lord take all of me’. It is time for complete surrender

I pray that we may not be found deceivers in the sight of God. I pray that we will strengthen one another and encourage one another to spend time in His presence and to give God our very best, an unblemished sacrifice.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment