Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Let your light shine !

“And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. "

II Corinthians 12: 9 (New King James Version)


My mom was diagnosed with stage two cancer . She has just finished her surgery and her Chemo sessions start on Monday. Right from day 1 of the diagnoses my Mom has been saying one thing , ‘God’s in charge. And if He has allowed this , this is for His glory’ . Its one thing saying . It’s a whole different thing living it. But I thank God that His grace sustained my Mom and my Mom submitted completely to His will. I have been hearing such awesome testimonies. My mom keeps telling people ‘This is not the Cancer Unit, this is the Christ Unit’ . And true enough by His grace that’s what it became. People who came to visit my mom thinking they would have to cheer her up were surprised by the joy and strength of the Lord. People ended up opening up to my mom in tears regarding their own burdens and trials and left the ward strengthened with the word of God . Wow ! what a joy it is to hear such news.

What makes this transformation ? His grace. When we say that His grace is sufficient for us then we really need to mean it ! It is SUFFICIENT for us , meaning we really don’t need anything else. A lot of times what happens is we say ‘Yes Lord You are more than enough for me” and then we go about trying to do things our own way , try to fulfill carnal desires instead of growing in the Spirit.

There have been so many times when I have said “ok God You are in charge” and immediately after my Amen , I am busy thinking in my head , “okkkkk now what should I do to make this happen ?!! “

The difference between relying on our strength and truly submitting to His grace as our sufficiency makes the difference between the natural and the supernatural.

When my mom was discharged this Sunday the nurse carried away every single pain killer that was prescribed to her. My mom never had to take a single morphine injection at all. His grace ! Its natural to feel pain after such a surgery , its natural to take pills for pain. But when we rest on Him and know that His grace is sufficient , He transforms the natural to the supernatural. No pain !! What a testimony !

Every person who walked in to the ward saw the strength , the joy and the victory of Christ in that room ! His grace transforms it all !

His grace is sufficient for us. There is nothing more we can ever need if we just truly submit to Him . It doesn’t matter if its daily activities of getting up and going to work or handling things at home, school or college.

Let us pray that we surrender ourselves completely to Him and realize that His grace is more than enough for us , every aspect of our natural life will be a testimony to our Supernatural God !

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment