Sunday, September 18, 2011

Conversations or one way Monologues?

“And David did as the LORD commanded him, and struck down the Philistines from Geba to Gezer”
II Samuel 5: 25


English class in school was probably the most relaxed of all my classes. Learning grammar , types of speech , conversations… Well I decided to google the word conversation and this is what it means : “Conversation is interactive, more-or-less spontaneous, communication between two or more conversant”

Nice isn’t it. Its interactive and spontaneous ! Now does this describe our life of prayer ?

David did as the Lord commanded him. Wow Just check out verse 19 “And David inquired of the LORD, “Shall I go up against the Philistines? Will you give them into my hand?” And the LORD said to David, “Go up, for I will certainly give the Philistines into your hand.”” In verse 20 we read that David defeats them. Now the Philistines came up yet again and we read in verse 23, “And when David inquired of the LORD, he said, “You shall not go up; go around to their rear, and come against them opposite the balsam trees.

When we talk to God are we just focused on telling Him things “God I need this , fix this , do that …” or do we go into His presence with a heart that wants to hear what He has to say ? Do we go into His presence saying “Here I am Lord “ or do we go into His presence in a frenzy and say “Lord I’m getting late for this… So if you have something to say tell me now in 5 mins else I’m gonna take it like that”

God is not a magic Genie , nor is He solely a safety buoy that we want to keep as a Plan B. No . He is the great I AM ! He is Jesus Christ the only true living God. He is the Holy of holies. Wow ! And into His presence can we go freely because we have been ransomed by the blood of Jesus Christ ! Wow !

Are we listening to what God has to say ?

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment