Monday, September 26, 2011

Hungry ?

“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled.”

Matthew 5 : 6


Ever have a craving to eat a particular food ? Like ‘I feel like have a double scoop strawberry sundae’ or ‘ Really feel like eating pizza today !’ :-) I know there are days that I have felt like ‘Feel like eating some yummy chicken tandoori today’ and the best part is when during the course of the day someone invites you over for dinner and guess what they are having ? “Chicken tandoori” :-D Lots of fun !

We read that those who hunger and thirst for righteousness will be filled ! So the first question is do we hunger and thirst for righteousness ? I mean this isn’t just a 5 min thirst thing… It’s a craving that comes from within , its this growing desire where you just HUNGER and THIRST for righteousness.

What is this righteousness that we are talking about ? Jeremiah 23: 6 says “In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely. And this is the name by which he will be called: 'The LORD is our righteousness.” . Wow !

And when we go to Him , we will be filled !

John 6 : 35 , “Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst

What are we hungry for this morning ?

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment