Monday, December 26, 2011

"Those who seek me diligently will find me"

“I love those who love me, And those who seek me diligently will find me.”
Proverbs 8 : 17


I love having my nephews come over . They are just so sweet and affectionate. And I especially love the fact that the moment they wake up their very first instinct is to search for me . They come to me with their sweet smiles and sleepy faces and come and sit on me while I hug them and wish them good morning. First thought the moment their eyes open is to hunt for me :- ) . There have been times when I’ve opened my bedroom door to see two smiley faces waiting for me (they would have been standing there just waiting for me to come out ). Children have such purity of heart , the love of a child is wow.

Does God see that kind of love from us ? A heart that just longs and desires for Him ? A heart that wakes up in the morning totally excited for a new day to spend together with Jesus ? This whole passage around Proverbs 8:17 talks about Wisdom. Do we seek His wisdom , do we seek to live today as per His purposes or as per ours ? Does our seeking Him come from a routine of just trying to do the right things or does it come from a heart abounding in love and desiring to draw closer to Him ?

“I love those who love me, And those who seek me diligently will find me.”

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment