Monday, December 26, 2011

Its time to choose

“And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”

Joshua 24: 15

Last evening as I was packing my bag to leave from work , I placed my Bible in my bag and right beside that I placed a croissant (bread pastry) and I just took a moment and looked at His word and this piece of bread lying side by side in my backpack. I couldn’t help but question myself “which do I choose more often… To eat for this body or to eat of His word “ :-) Colossians 3: 16 , “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grave in your hearts to the Lord.” It not just about reading our Bibles , its about living it :-) When His word is dwelling richly within us its this whole new lifestyle that we live, because all that we will do will be an overflow of that rich indwelling within us. Now here is the best part … It’s a choice ! :-)

Sometimes it does sound rather absurd .. Choose between living a life where His word dwells richly within us VS living a life where “ME & things of MY interest” dwell richly within me. Of course we would want the former. But then do we make those every moment choices ? Do we choose to forgive others readily remembering the grace and mercy that we have received from Christ ? Do we choose to react to situations the way He would want us to ? Do we let our egos and self image issues get the better of us ? Or do we choose to believe “My Jesus is in full control” and walk in His peace ?

Daily surrender… This is what I have been learning more and more over the past few weeks. Have you ever tried learning to play an instrument ? Unless you practice every day you are not gonna get the hang of it … Give it a week of not touching the instrument and check your status at the end of the week.. not so good :-) And this is just for an instrument. How much more important/essential/fundamental/foundational is surrendering to God daily and crucifying desires of self ? We cannot do it on our own :-) We need Him :-) Every moment and everyday …

Joshua 24: 14, “Now therefore, fear the LORD, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt. Serve the LORD.

Its time to choose… Do we choose to serve ourselves or do we choose to serve the LORD

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment