Monday, December 26, 2011

Whose army am I in ?

“For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in heavenly places.”

Ephesians 6: 12

Picture this with me. Imagine you are busy fighting a battle and you are winning and you say “There ! I have won the battle ! I met my office deadlines.. I have the respect of my colleagues .. I have taken care of most of the needs of my family… I have my friends…” And all of a sudden you stop ! And you think “Wait a minute ! Which army am I a part of ?? “ and you look around and you are surrounded by people of the world. You suddenly find yourself fighting the same battles of the world in the army of the world .

This is how my past few weeks has been. I have been so focused on getting things done that all of a sudden I found myself fighting battles of the world. Battle 1 : Sleep . Battle 2 : Office schedules, deadlines, politics . Battle 3, Battle 4… And I actually took this total pause Sunday early morning and thought to myself “Wait a minute ! I’m in the Lord’s army ! These kind of battles are not my PRIME focus ! These are just tiny tertiary things which we will squash by God’s grace as we keep fighting the battles He has called us to fight.

II Timothy 2:4 , “ No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.”

Should I not do my work well ? Of course I should. But when I allow that to become my prime focus its so easy to get consumed by it. We kind of push God on the sidelines and say “Just keep coming along please… I will eventually spend time with You” and then we don’t. Praise the Lord for His amazing grace and love. So patient , so merciful and so forgiving. Love you Jesus. He knows every beat of our hearts :-) The beauty is God’s ways are actually pretty simple - Keep Him first and the rest will follow ! :-) We will get our deadlines in place, we will get all that is required to be done… because its not by might nor by power but by HIS SPIRIT !


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment