Monday, March 19, 2012

He makes, He leads, He restores , He leads





“He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters, He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake.”

Psalm 23 : 2-3



Whenever I am travelling back home after spending few months in another country , even if it is a 26 hour journey , there is nothing sweeter than it !! Just the joy of the very thought of seeing the faces of my family, my friends, the thought of fellowshipping in my home church , meeting my Pastors … all of it .. And of course knowing all the cool stuff that I bought for family and friends and all the excitement of seeing their reaction !! :) That anticipation of seeing them as I come out of the airport , getting suffocated by a zillion hugs – Awesome !!

Its amazing how your destination changes your entire perception of the journey itself !

We were meant to run our race looking unto Jesus ! Knowing heaven is where our citizenship is , knowing an eternity with Christ is our destination has that made an impact to our journey ?

He makes me to lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside the still waters , He restores my soul , He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. He makes, He leads, He refreshes, restores, He leads :)


Ever boarded the wrong bus/train ? I have. A two and a half hour journey turned out to be close to 5 hours !! And trust me every minute was stressful , strenuous and weighing down. It’s the same thing with our every day every moment journey of life from earth to eternity ! If we are not journeying towards drawing close to Him , every moment stressful, a lot of things will weigh us down. If we are journeying towards Christ , Oh the joy , the excitement , the anticipation … Awesome ! It doesn’t matter if we see some things revealed to us is 10 days, 10 weeks, 10 years… The very journey is exciting because we know where we are heading.

If you are wondering why the picture of the bike, think of it this way … When we are looking to Jesus and moving forward it doesn’t matter if the road is super smooth , bumpy , grassy …. Because He leads, He makes, He restores, He leads :D He knows !! He goes before us , all we gotta do is keep our eyes focused on things above :) However when we lose our focus, when we start looking at things of self , if we start looking down and at every bump and we try to do things in our own strength and try figuring things out on our own , just imagine the amount of unwanted tasks we have just decided to mount up on ourselves !!

He makes, He leads, He restores , He leads !! May we remember to whom we are journeying towards and may our hearts be filled with this amazing truth of His love and how awesome it is knowing our very next breath is in His hands !!

God Bless










No comments:

Post a Comment