Monday, March 19, 2012

In the quietness

“But Abram said, “O Lord God, what will you give me, for I continue childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?”

Genesis 15 : 2

Lets read a little of what happened in Chapter 14 . Lot is taken captive and Abraham (at that point in time still called Abram) goes to war and brings back Lot and his people . Now towards the end of Chapter 14 we see the king of Sodom telling Abraham to take all the goods for himself. And we see Abraham’s response to that suggestion in verses 22-23 , “But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “I have lifted my hand to the Lord, God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth, that I would not take a thread or a sandal strap or anything that is yours, lest you should say, ‘I have made Abram rich” Wow isn’t that amazing ! Cool testimony , awesome stance of faith !!

Now there’s just another verse and chapter 14 ends. And we read in Chapter 15 verse 1 , “After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: “Fear not, Abram, I am your shield; your reward shall be very great.”” Whoa… beautiful right ? And what was Abraham’s response ? Verse 2 -3 , “But Abram said, “O Lord God, what will you give me, for I continue childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?” And Abram said, “Behold, you have given me no offspring, and a member of my household will be my heir.”” Wait wait this was Abraham who testified that he lifted his hand to the Lord God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth . This was Abraham who wanted every aspect of him to be to the glory of God. So where is this kind of statement (O Lord what will You give me ) coming from ?

Note : God will give us victory , He is awesome . We may give Him all the glory because we know only He deserves it , we may walk in obedience… but there are some things that unravel from within when its just us and God !!

When its just us and God , this exclusive one o one , even greater testimonies unfold ! Abraham poured out his heart to God . And as we go on to read Chapter 15 verses 4-5 , “And behold, the word of the Lord came to him: “This man shall not be your heir; your very own son shall be your heir.” And He brought him outside and said, “Look toward heaven, and number the stars, if you are able to number them.” Then He said to him, “So shall your offspring be.

And now comes the best part we read in verse 6, “And he believed the Lord, and He counted it to him as righteousness” Wow ! Abraham believed and God accounted it to him as righteousness.

While that brilliant testimony in Chapter 14 was terrific , some thing even more amazing unfolded in the quietness of just God and Abraham.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment