Thursday, June 13, 2013

What do you see ?

"Do you not say, ‘There are yet four months, then comes the harvest’? Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest."

John 4:35



"Lord open my eyes that I may see" - This is a constant prayer of mine. All too often I have seen how the routines of the day to day and the ways of the world can cause scales to form over our eyes. Here is an example , at work or college someone purposely tries to show themselves better than you or tries to put you down.. what do we see ? For me unfortunately all too often it would be my bruised ego that I would see. However if we were to ask God open my eyes, He would show us that there is a person who is hurt and is doing things from a place of hurt and if we were to reach out to them in love can you imagine the testimony it would be to those around us.

Time and time again God has been reminding me how even more important it is for me to be a testimony to those around me at work. .And Im not saying from a point of fake smiles and fake gestures. No, but asking God to change us from the inside out so that those around us will truly see His love and His joy in us.

We are Christians not by who we are in church for a few hours :) We are His children 24*7 ! And the first people who need to testify of that are our family and our work/college people because they spend the most time with us. Do they see the "going the extra mile" , do they see the "even if unjustly treated will still take off the coat and give" attitude , do they see the fruit of the Spirit - patience , gentleness....

Do people know we are children of the Most High by what we say or how we live ?

A lot of time we keep saying , "Oh God use me" , "Lord send us the harvest , we will go out for you" , sometimes we keep thinking that the day to day has no purpose .... we couldnt be more wrong. This is what Christ said , "Do you not say, ‘There are yet four months, then comes the harvest’? Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest." There are people already reaping. What is stopping you and me ?

Have we lost sight that everyone around us is a soul precious in His sight ?

The harvest is ready ... What are we doing ?

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment