Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Incomprehensible !

“But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners , Christ died for us.”

Romans 5:8 (New King James Version)


As a kid when I wanted something extra special from my mom then I would be on my best behavior that entire day. From that itself my mom would figure out that something is up and she would go like “Ok what is it that you want ? You want to spend an extra hour playing ? “ :-) I’m sure all of us have done that as kids . My nephew comes up with a big hug and an even bigger smile and then says “can I watch cartoon now?” :-) As we grow we realize all we need to do is just ask our parents… no strings attached. And that’s the beauty of family.

We always have this notion that if we do something good, then we deserve to be rewarded. And that’s pretty much how the world works right now. You work like crazy and then get your recognition at office. You do this and then you get that ! Always expected to prove our worth .

That’s where our God stands apart ! His love is unconditional… His love is everlasting ! Verse 7 says “For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die” . It makes sense to die for a good or a righteous man… but then too doing so would be so scarce. But our God is so indescribable and His love is so incomprehensible that while we were still sinners , Christ died for us ! Wow ! If Satan ever tries to play a guilt trip and tell you that God doesn’t love you just shout back at him and say “Jesus Christ died for me while I was a sinner and He loves me for my Bible tells me so ! devil u r a liar “

Couple of years ago a man of God shared with us a discussion that he and his wife had during the initial months after their marriage. She asked him “If someone held a gun to your head and said ‘deny Jesus else we will kill you’ what will you do ?” So he said ‘Of course I wont deny’ . Then she asked him a second question “if someone held a gun to my head and said ‘deny Jesus else we will kill her’ what will you do ? “ Can you see the difference ?

John 3:16 says “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Who can fathom the depths of His love !

Here is the music pick for the day. Its called ‘Amazing Love’

I’m forgiven because You were forsaken
I’m accepted, You were condemned
I’m alive and well , Your Spirit is within me
Because You died and rose again

Amazing love
how can it be ?
That You my King would die for me
Amazing love
I know its true
It’s my joy to honor You
In all I do I honor You

You are my King
Jesus You are my King


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment