Friday, February 26, 2010

Always Pray and Never Lose Heart !

“And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them?”

Luke 18: 7 (New King James Version)


My cousin had her project review yesterday in her college for her final semester (she is interning at corporate firm currently) . Her internal guide had signed off on her project and her project report. And yesterday she was to present her report to a set of committee members with her internal guide present with her. However, at the committee meeting in front of everyone her guide who had signed off everything , decided to insult and humiliate her project in front of everyone. No reason for it. He started ridiculing her work and encouraged the committee members to do the same. She was obviously very hurt . But what surprised me the most is what she said to me over the phone , ‘ I pray that God will not show His anger upon the guide for his behavior…. God will give me victory no matter what… I know this project is God’s will and I know He will give me victory’

I was at a lost for words. Because honestly I was sooooooo soooooo angry at the guide for his behavior. In my head I was thinking , “How could he do something like this ??? How could he sign off and say ok its good and then just behave the opposite in front of a committee ?”. However by God’s grace my sis looked at God and not at man. And she held her peace and looked to God to heal her hurt.

In Luke 18 : 1-8 , we read about the parable of the persistent widow. Christ was teaching that we ought to always pray and never lose heart. In the parable, Christ talks about how a widow kept on bringing her case to the judge requesting for justice. And the judge would not hear her. Can you imagine what it would have felt like ? Seeking for justice and people turning you down all around. We read in verse 5 that the judge says , “yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.’”

If a judge who does not fear God himself, will listen to someone who is persistent , how much more will God answer the prayers of His own ?

We read in verse 8 , “I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes will He really find faith on earth ?

God will always do His part ! Will we however do ours ?

When you have been crying and praying for a miracle day and night and don’t see anything happening will you still hold on to the faithfulness of our God ?

If we are walking in God’s will , we can be sure though we just see a desert all around us , He will cause rivers to flow ! That’s our God !!

I pray that we will always look to God and not to man. That our hearts be always lifted up in prayers and we don’t lose hope.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment