Monday, February 8, 2010

Once Dead - Now Alive ! Once Lost -- Now Found !

“And he arose and came to his father, But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him.”

Luke 15 : 20 (New King James Version)


This is a passage that a lot of us are familiar with. The younger son grew in his father’s house. Was accustomed to the ways and upbringing of his father. But yet at some point of time became rebellious and asked that his father divide his livelihood. Few days later the son went away , squandered the money and found himself brought down to nothing. A lot of times we use this parable as an example for someone who hasn’t tasted the Lord. But remember the son grew up in his father’s house.

Today there are some of us who have tasted the Lord and yet have chosen wrong paths and made incorrect decisions. Sometimes the guilt of falling short , the guilt of giving into temptation pushes us further away from God that the very act itself. The reason for that ? We don’t understand the love and mercy of our Father. The Father split up all that he had for his son and gave it to him. And the son squandered everything. Couple of important things here … the first being heartfelt true repentance. The next being take the first step—go to God !! While we think that our first step makes all the difference we tend to forget the hundreds of steps that God took before us when He was crucified for our sins on the cross !! His blood was shed for our redemption. And yet all He wants is one action from our side – take the one step – go to God.

The son did not even have to really keep walking till he reached his father. Nope ! All he had to do is let his father see him… and his father took the rest of the steps towards him.

God’s love is incomprehensible. While some of us are shedding tears for the mistakes made, while some of us spiraling downwards in sin because we think God would never forgive us… THINK AGAIN !

He already took all the steps to ensure our redemption. Take that one step towards God and you know what ? He will run to you ! Not just that … He will restore !! We read in verses 21- 24 , “”And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight, and am no longer worthy to be called your son.’ But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry; for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ And they began to be merry.”

My son ! He was always his son !! You and I as born again believers in Him are His children. For those who have backslidden all it takes is a heart that’s repentant and you just got to look towards our Father !

The wages of sin is death. And Christ is Life ! We can either be dead in sin or alive in Him ! Without him we wander in darkness lost… But in Him we are found !!

Are we dead and lost today ? Its time to get back to the Father ! Don’t let the devil fill you with lies that you cannot be forgiven. Don’t let the devil push you further away. Get back to Him !! Its time !

Music pick : ‘Still calls me son’ by John Waller

I drug His name through godless places
And I’ve known shame that no child of His should know
I’ve seen pain on broken faces
Beyond all thought of hope
I was just too far from home
Still I always wondered when I closed my eyes

After all I’ve done
Could He run to me?
Would He kiss my face?
Could He even look at me?
After where I’ve been
Should He take me back?
For I would understand
I’ve disgraced Him
But it would be amazing
If He still calls me son

With nothing left for me to bring Him
I left my pride and turned my heart toward home
I saw my home on the horizon
And from a distanceI saw my Father
Watching for His own with forgiving eyes

After all I’d done
He just ran to me
Then he kissed my face
He would not let go of me
After where I’d been
He just welcomed me
I don’t understand
How he put his robe on me
It was so amazing
That he still calls me son

One day as I breathe my last
And I know my days on Earth have ended
When every hour is spent
I will close my eyes in amazement
And I’ll hear angels
They’ll be singing
Amazing grace

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment