Monday, July 26, 2010

Faith in the storm

“And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling.”

Mark 4: 37 (New King James Version)


My mom had to undergo her 4th Chemotherapy session today. And the doctors tried to find a strong enough vein but each time they tried the vein would swell up like a bubble. They tried this five times and then gave up and said that they would have to perform a surgery with local anesthesia to slit open my mom’s arm and then find a vein and try and insert something there and then stitch her arm back up so that she could undergo the chemo . Well my mom was being prepped for surgery and while this was being done , my sis (cousin in a different city) was praying that the doctor would find a good vein by God’s grace so that my mom would not have to undergo surgery. My mom meanwhile as she was praying felt led to ask God to cleanse her from all unforgiveness and sin . Which she did.

Guess what ? The surgeon kept searching for a good place to make the incision and then he told my mom that they might have to make a cut for a vein near her neck instead !! Not the kind of thing you want to hear !!

We read in Mark 4 : 35 , “On the same day, when the evening had come, He said to them, “Let us cross over to the other side.”

The disciples were going the way Christ wanted them to go. They weren’t like Jonah running away from God’s will. They were going where Christ wanted them to go.

And we read n verse 37 that waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling . Imaging that ! Not just scary waves outside the boat , but waves started pouring into the boat and water was rising up !! And even in that circumstance you know what Christ wants us to do ? Have faith ! And His peace will reign !!

Want to take a guess as to what happened to my mom ? Within minutes of having said that statement they found a good strong vein on my mom’s arm strong enough for the Chemo. No surgery nothing !! Wow !! Isn’t our God so amazing ! She underwent her chemo a couple of hours later and my mom and dad are now on their way back home by God’s grace.

Never lose faith ! Our God never fails . He is our faithful God . Sometimes the waves may begin to beat , the boat might begin to sway … the water may even start filling up the boat (my mom was even given the local anesthesia for surgery)… but our God will reign victorious over every circumstance and situation. He is above all ! Nothing is impossible for our God.

As I listened to my sister tell me what happened today and what my mom had said, this is the passage that the Lord reminded me of Mark 11: 22-25, “So Jesus answered and said to them,” Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, “be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe you receive them, and you will have them. And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.

We had a group who lead service this Sunday at our church and this is part of the lyrics of a song they sang. This song really hit home by God’s grace

Chains be broken , Lives be healed
Eyes be opened, Christ is revealed
I have decided….. to wait upon You Lord
My Rock and redeemer , my truth and reward
I’ll wait upon You Lord
And surely as the sun will rise , You’ll come to us
…..let Your glory fall as you respond to us
Spirit run into our thirsty hearts again
We are not shaken , we are not moved
We wait upon you Lord
Our Mighty Deliverer , …
We wait upon you Lord


I pray that we will always wait upon the Lord in total surrender and in faith

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment