Thursday, July 15, 2010

We are His people and the sheep of His pasture

“Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.”

Psalm 100 : 3 (New King James Version)

The first half of the verse seems like a really obvious statement doesn’t it ? Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves. We definitely say ‘Yes Lord we acknowledge that You are God and it is You who has made us and not we ourselves’. But do we lead lives that reflect that statement ?

Do we truly live life everyday saying ‘Lord this life that I live is Yours. Have Your way ! ‘ Do we say , “Lord every minute is Yours , You lead me, I lift up every minute to You , have Your way”

Or have we started living lives where we say “yes Lord You are my God , but now I have things I need to do so thank You for this day and keep me safe so that I can continue doing what I want to do “

Ever feel a difference when you say ‘You are my God’ as compared to ‘I am Yours’ ? Many at times we try and fit God to be a tiny part of our schedule and we expect God to be content with it that we have sacrificed half an hour or an hour for Him. It’s become like getting work done “yes Lord You are my God so I have made some time for You.”

Have we forgotten who He is ? He is the Lord of lords and the King of kings, He is the great I AM !!

The latter half of the verse says We are HIS people and the sheep of HIS pasture. We are to graze/feed of His pasture. We are to trod in His presence. We are His and hence are to be sensitive to His voice and walk where He leads. In other words follow with obedience and know that He is our God

I pray that we will live this verse to its fullest “Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment