Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Prayer is to a Christian what love is to marriage"

“Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.”

John 15 : 4

My second nephew Aryan is 4 years old. I think the most difficult thing I could ever ask him to do is ‘sit quietly in one place’ . I can ask him to do this or do that and he would do it with utmost obedience. But sit still ? Pretty difficult. My oldest nephew Rohan is 8 years old and now as he is growing up its easy for him to sit quietly in one place. He understands why we ask him to do so , he understands him sitting down would make the younger one quiet down too.

I found myself over the last two weeks behaving like my second nephew Aryan. It was a struggle for me to sit down in quiet times with the Lord. It comes so easily for me to do things for Him but it became very difficult for me to sit down quietly in His presence and just listen .

There is a reason why we need to sit quietly in His presence. In His presence there is renewal , revival , restoration and revelation.

In today’s verse we read that a branch cannot bear fruit by itself. If we really want to be walking every step in accordance to His will then we need to be abiding in Him every step of the way J

And this constant communion with Him comes from a life of prayer

A wonderful man of God wrote “Prayer is to a Christian what love is to marriage: It is a decision. You choose to pray as you choose to love. And its not something you do for the first three months of your marriage. You must choose to love every good morning, every bad morning, every wonderful weekend, every tiring weekend; and endlessly. And so it is with prayer!

“Abide in me, and I in you” – For some of us God is calling us to be still and learn to enjoy just drinking from His heavenly throne. For some of us God is calling us saying ‘Don’t selectively leave me out on certain aspects of your life”. We cannot choose to have God in some areas of our life and then decide to push him out of our lives in certain other areas. If we believe that Jesus Christ is our Lord then this life that we live is ALL HIS!

The vine and the branch… Christ and us …. Is this truly how we are today ?

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment