Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"your faith has made you well"

““What do you want me to do for you?” He said, “Lord, let me recover my sight.” And Jesus said to him, “Recover your sight; your faith has made you well.”

Luke 18 : 41-42

When we read the entire passage from verses 35-43 we read of a blind man sitting by the roadside begging. And hearing a crowd going by, he asks what’s happening and they say Jesus of Nazareth is passing by. And he cries out “Jesus , Son of David, have mercy on me!” . People around him start rebuking him and ask him to be silent but he cried out all the more “Son of David have mercy on me.”
This blind man had heard about Jesus and when he hears of the fact that he is passing by he seizes the opportunity and cries out. People around were obviously upset. In their view “Jesus is passing by and this blind chap is creating chaos” But that didn’t stop him. He pressed on .And the reason why he never gave up was because he was sure of one thing – if there was anyone who could heal him , it was JESUS !And yes his cries didn’t go in vain. Jesus stopped and commanded him to be brought to him . And He asks him “”What do you want me to do for you?” He said, “Lord, let me recover my sight.” And Jesus said to him, “Recover your sight; your faith has made you well.“”Wow ! Isn’t that amazing ? We read in verse 43 “And immediately he recovered his sight and followed him glorifying God. And all the people when they saw it, gave praise to God.”

· When we pray and cry out to Him , its going to sound foolish to others

Are you interceding in prayer for a friend ,for a family , for a community , for a state , for a nation ? Press on . People are going to say “You have been praying for 5 years for that family’s salvation… they are not going to change , why do you bother ?” . Press on … don’t give up. He is able there is no doubt about that ! Keep praying ! People are going to say “Oh if you pray for the state of Orissa do you think there will be a change just because you prayed ?” … PRESS ON !! Its not we but He who makes the difference. We cry what He places on our hearts .. we cry in obedience to His word … we cry because our hearts break for what breaks His heart.

· When the rebukes get loud make sure you cry louder !!

Be prepared for satan to be up to his slimy tricks of saying “He is God ! who are you that he will listen to you ?? Don’t you remember all your sins ? You YOU YOU of all people are praying for breakthough ? Ha ha ha …”

Make sure you shout back even louder “I have been ransomed by the blood of the Lamb, sealed by the Holy Spirit , I am a son/daughter of the Most High , I am an ambassador of Jesus Christ . My God has washed away all my sins and as far as the east is from the west so far have my transgressions been removed . And He will answer my prayers not because I am righteous but because He is righteous . I am who I am because of the great I AM in me !!”

· Have faith not because of what you see but because of who you know – Jesus !

This man was a blind roadside beggar. All he knew was probably what people spoke about as they walked. But that was enough for this man to have undoubting faith . He didn’t have to see a sign or a miracle to know that Jesus could heal. He knew all he had to do was cry out beyond the rebukes and he would have his healing that day , because hey Jesus was there !!

· Glorify & Follow Him

He not only had faith but he was also faithful . He followed him and glorified him. And when all the people saw it they gave praise to God

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment