Thursday, May 3, 2012

Therefore my heart rejoices :)

The LORD is my strength and my shield, My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.

Psalm 28: 7

Yesterday I found my self singing , “ I’ve got the joy joy joy down in my heart. Where? Down in my heart”. For those familiar with this song , you would identify it as a really old Sunday school song J

His joy is amazing ! The last couple of weeks I found myself going , “Oh nooo Its Monday” and the whole “Yaaaay its almost Friday”.  I was literally counting the days to every Friday every week. But then last week  this question struck me , “What’s the source of my joy?”. Now the answer to that was definitely simple – Its Jesus. But then why was I behaving like it was the day of the week driving my enthusiasm to look forward to a day ?

God is so good ! All I did was think “Lord you need to be my joy factor” and He did the rest. This week was as hectic as last , but it had something more.. It had Jesus as my source of joy. Now don’t get me wrong, I am blessed with a wonderful job, awesome church, God fearing friends and family. But this was different, my joy wasn’t going to be dependent on how things went at work, my joy wasn’t going to be dependent on people and most of all for me , my joy wasn’t going to be dependent on the day of the week. I wanted His joy to be my strength. And its been an awesome blessed week.

Ever feel like a baby cradled in the arms of the Father ? Yup, that our Jesus ! We are His children and His love is incomprehensible ! Living in His joy and His strength !

The LORD is my strength and my shield, My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.”   Our lives were always meant to be different from those of the world… we have Jesus !

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment