Thursday, May 3, 2012

Seek Him with all our heart

“And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.”

Jeremiah 29: 13

I spent quite some time this week asking God “Lord what do you want me to send in the verse for the day?” and I didn’t hear anything and I have actually been wondering why? And then today God brings to my remembrance what He wants me to type and I go “Oh yeah ! You did tell me this over the weekend” but I had forgotten ! Write it down SS Write it down !! J

Please read the this chapter when you get some time today.  The context of this verse is that people from Jerusalem have been taken captive to Babylon by Nebuchadnezzar. So now the people themselves are scared and worried and as a result of it are seeing dreams accordingly and there were those who were prophesying falsely. And this is what God tells Jeremiah to convey to the people. We read in verses 9 – 11 , “For they prophesy falsely to you in My name; I have not sent them, says the LORD. For thus says the LORD : After seventy years are completed at Babylon, I will visit you and perform My good word toward you, and cause you to return to this place. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

 Ever been a situation where things were so tough and people around you had nothing but distressing things to say ? Remember this and be of good cheer ! Its doesn’t matter what the situation or circumstance is , it doesn’t matter what people think or say .. we know our life is in His hands. And who knows His thoughts better than Him ? And He says “For I know the thoughts that I think towards you”  In my head I picture this as God looking down at  us and saying “Shhhhh…don’t worry what people say…. Listen to me J “. Thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Isn’t that awesome ! If you have been having a rough week then say this with me , “It doesn’t matter if I know… I know He knows and that’s all I need to know” and lets Rejoice in Him ! J

Verses 12- 13 , “Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

Call upon Him , come step into His presence and  pray and He listens to every word we have to say patiently and lovingly. Our Father is so awesome. Now praying is one aspect of Him. There is another aspect of just seeking Him. Pursuing Him for who He is. And the more we seek Him , the more we will find Him when we seek Him with all our heart.

God Bless

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Soli Deo Gloria ! (Glory to God alone) Thanks for the encouragement ! Blessed !

      Delete