Thursday, May 3, 2012

Unmixed with any other matter

“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God”

Matthew 5: 8

Last week as I had just finished reading a blog post that come to my email (I had subscribed to a blog to auto get updates) and after I finished reading it , God just laid it on my heart to send it to someone. And going by logic I knew (well at least I thought I knew : -) ) that the post had no connection to the person whom God was nudging me to send it. Normally I would have just sent it but then work came up and I got distracted and let that thought slip by. So the weekend came and the weekend went. And talking to some other friends I realized the significance of sending it. I am so amazed at the way God works. The way it was relevant to her just having it in her inbox itself was boom ! Well I finally ended up sending it to her saying “I was supposed to send it last week but I didn’t :( “

Sometimes when we think pure in heart, we only think “ok free from lust , free from sexual immorality , free from telling lies and jealousy”…

The dictionary defines pure as “unmixed with any other matter” which also means free from any thing that is not of God. So free from doubt, free from overthinking and extra reliance on logic after having heard from God , free from distractions of this world… a heart that’s unmixed with any other matter :)

Father I pray that we may have pure hearts. Hearts that just pursue You ! In Jesus name Amen.

God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment