Thursday, June 7, 2012

Come Come Come

“Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price”

Isaiah 55: 1

As a kid whenever I would come home from school there would always be these yummy snacks just waiting for me (and for my brother too of course J ). And the snacks on the table used to differ based on the season. If it was summer then mom would have something spicy and lots of ice cream to follow as dessert. If it was winter then it would be something steaming hot so that we could sip on it or basically make us feel warmer as we ate. Every morning when I would wake up to get ready for school, I would hear the sound of gospel music playing and the smell of good food. My mom would pack our lunches too. Everything was ready for me. All I had to do is go and feast on my breakfast, carry my lunch, finish school, come back home and feast again. A mother’s love.

How much more compassionate and gracious is our God ! His love has no comparison…His mercy and His grace has been poured out on us in abundance. And God is calling out to us “Come”
It doesn’t matter what you have, come and taste and see what He has !! : )

Some times we make things so complicated that we start striving for things we shouldn’t. His grace is all that we need. He is calling us “Come”. It doesn’t matter what the circumstance, what the situation, it doesn’t matter what we have done wrong, its not about what we have or what we can give Him… all He is looking for is you..… come as you are and feast on what He has prepared.
He knows every tear… would you come ?
Those of us tied up with the business of life and work and college … Come come to waters..

God bless



No comments:

Post a Comment