Thursday, June 7, 2012

Definitions Redefined ! Walk into the more

“Great is our Lord and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite”



Psalm 147:5

I shifted apartments over the weekend and when I woke up in the morning and glanced at my new room, I thought to myself “Wow this room is huge”. Others didn’t seem to think so.. So as I walked around all sleepy to the other rooms in the apartment and spent time just admiring the vastness of the space, I realized “Hmmm.. My room is pretty big for me, but now that I have seen another room which is bigger , I know what their ‘bigger’ meant..” its so relative.

Not that I would do much with the extra space , but as I was thinking that this is what God laid on my heart.. Many at times we think “This is all God can handle” because that is all that we have seen or have confined ourselves to. So “Get out of your room” J

Many at times we try and confine God’s ability within the paradigms of our understanding … Here is the truth – Great is our Lord and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite ! When I went to the bigger hall and looked at the space I thought “Ok this is a lot of space” , when I went upstairs and glanced at the backyard “ I went Whoa that is a lot of space” , when I went for a drive to a nearby spot and looked at the beauty of the land and saw the creek flow I went “ now that’s beautiful and spacious” and I’m sure as I keep going my definitions of spaciousness is will change J

The more we spend time in His presence , the more He reveals Himself to us , our definitions of a relationship with God and what He can do keeps growing and expanding. We first start off with “5 mins of prayer” and then we go to “half an hour” and then on to an hour and as we keep tasting His presence and just spending time with His word we realize how much ever is never enough. We start off with “oh yes God heals but its only others and not me”, and then as we taste and see His goodness we go “Whoa God worked this in my life” and our understanding grows to a point where we truly live what we believe and say “Nothing is impossible for my God”

Are your definitions of what God can do in your life confined to the limitations of your mind? Time to step out in faith.. Time to grow.. Time to have Him change our definitions of every day life..

God Bless



No comments:

Post a Comment