Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Pressing on Toward the Goal

"I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus"

Philippians 3:14



Boxing day here is meant to be a day for great sales and shopping. I needed to pick up a gift for a dear friend of mine. Now I knew the store I wanted to go, had already checked out the store timings, when I woke up I got to meet up with my church family and their kids , the moment the clock struck 9am I was out the door on my way downtown. Now there are tons of shops to go to on boxing day, like literally every place is buzzing with some offer or the other. While the temptation to swing by a few other stores was always there , but I knew my goal.  So drove straight to the store, by God's grace God showed me exactly what to buy and I was back home in just over an hour :)  

A wonderful man of God once said "How do you know what's a distraction unless you know what your goal is ?" :)

Now this is something so small. But yet knowing my goal directed my choices. It changed what would consume my time. 

Paul writes "I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus". In fact in the previous verse he says "But one thing I do, forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead"

The upward call of God in Christ Jesus ! I pray this be the goal that rises from within us... The very reason for our existence is to live by His grace and for His glory.

May that drive our choices , may that cause us to think and choose and live differently.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment