Thursday, September 10, 2009

Unite my heart

“Teach me Your way, O Lord;
I will walk in Your truth;
Unite my heart to fear Your name.”

Psalm 86 : 11 (New King James Version)


A couple of days ago we were meditating on this aspect “Teach me Your way” . We learnt that its not enough that we pray ‘Lord show me Your way’ … we need to always continually sit at His feet and ask our Father to guide every step and to teach us how and when to take each step forward .

The latter half of the verse says “Unite my heart to fear Your name”… here the literal translation of the word Unite is ‘Give me singleness of heart’ . Now that’s a basic prayer we need to be asking God …. Let not our heart be divided among so many things….

Wow ! Singleness of heart ! I pray that this very moment as you read this , that each of us will examine ourselves and ask the Lord to forgive us and give us a singleness of heart to fear His name . That this heart will never be lifted up to another . That this heart will not be divided but will be lifted up in fullness to the Lord our God !

What happens when we have a singleness of heart ? We read in verse 12 “I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, And I will glorify Your name forever more.”

With ALL my heart …. With ALL my heart Lord , I will praise You . Let this be our prayer … that with singleness of heart… with all our heart we will praise Him and fear His name

And you want to know why our prayers will be answered ? We read in verse 13 “For great is Your mercy toward me, And You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.” Because great is God’s mercy towards us ! He has delivered us from the abode of death by paying the price of our sins on the cross. His blood has redeemed us and His mercy endures forever !

This morning as I knelt down to pray , the Lord reminded me that the first thing I need to do is ‘Him and me’ time ! Sometimes we get so used to having a big prayer list for ourselves or for others that we forget to have our exclusive one-one time with our Father.

I pray that the Lord will continue to grow us in Him and our every desire will be aligned in accordance to His holy will.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment