Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Say NO to the works of the flesh

“Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Galatians 5: 19-21 (New King James Version)


Ever find yourself in a situation where when you are driving on the road and someone just rashly cuts across you ? What do you say then ? I know my blood pressure does tend to rise :-D . Some days when someone from my family asks me a regular question my responses would be sharp. The other day on of my friend’s messaged me saying ‘Chill’ . On the contrary it made me just more mad !

Outbursts of wrath are not of God. They are a work of the flesh which needs to be trampled under our feet.

I told the Lord once , “Lord but its not my fault… the other people are the ones who bug me for no reason … you saw me drive properly …. You saw me do all the things right … then why do I have to feel guilty for someone else’s fault ?” and this is what the Lord reminded me of… Matthew 5: 43-48,” You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ “But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, “that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. “For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? “and if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so ? “ Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

That you may be the sons of your Father in heaven !! Wow ! Its no wonder that the Bible says that if we practice the works of the flesh we will not inherit the kingdom of God , because we will no longer be His children and will lose our inheritance in Him.

Even the tax collectors are good to those who are good to them. Are we like the tax collectors ? or are we the sons and daughters of our Father in heaven ?

Are we practicing the works of the flesh ? Its time to repent and set ourselves right in the sight of God by His grace.

We read in Galatians 5: 22-25, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering , kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control . Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

It doesn’t matter what work of the flesh is being practiced in your life right now… be it sexual immorality , defiling the temple of the Holy Spirit which is your body , outbursts or wrath,…. It is time that we repent and start walking in the Spirit. We who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Christ has set us free. Let us not get back under the yoke of slavery to sin.

Its time to sow to the Spirit.

Lord I pray that all of us Father will walk in the Spirit and be testimonies to You in word, thought and actions. Father I pray Lord that our every desire of the flesh be put to death . Father I pray that everyone reading this who is struggling with an addiction be set free completely. May Your joy which is our strength and Your grace which is our sufficiency fill our lives. We offer ourselves as a living sacrifice to You Father. May we be found acceptable in Your sight. In Jesus name , Amen.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment