Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What pleases God ?

“He does not delight in the strength of the horse;
He takes no pleasure in the legs of a man.
The LORD takes pleasure in those who fear Him,
In those who hope in His mercy.”

Psalm 147 : 10-11 (New King James Version)



We read in verses 3-5, “”He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds. He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name. Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite.” We serve such an awesome living God !

The more I grow older the more I realize I make things a lot more complicated than it needs to be. I start thinking with a lot of ‘What-if’s ’ in my mind. Its like ‘What if this happens…’ , or if I start making too many of my own plans like “what if I do this…”. However by God’s grace I am growing in Him, so now I tell myself ‘What if I just trust my God 100% and stop relying on my own wisdom ! ” And you know what ? Its great. There is a verse in the Bible that says the Lord orders our steps. Every step that we take in His way is not some random hop skip and jump. No no no . Every step is so purposeful and beyond our understanding. All we need to do is just trust and follow Him.

How do we follow someone ? We had a youth camp in December and I had no idea where the place was. So we had to follow another car and I was driving my car. I had my eyes fixed on the car ahead of me. If the car took left I took left … if the car stayed in the second lane I stayed in the second lane…

When we say we follow Christ are we following Him or are we making our own detours on the way ?

The Bible says the Lord takes pleasure in those who fear Him , in those who hope in His mercy. How many of us want to please God this morning ?
All it takes is a heart that is lifted up to Him and trusts completely in Him.

Lets start weeding out all the seeds of the flesh that have been sown in our lives. Its time to grow in the Spirit. Lets all rise to please our God ! Let us delight to do His will .

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment