Monday, April 18, 2011

The simplest call to answer : COME

“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28 (New King James version) Ever noticed that when things get busy , or when a lot of things need to be done what do we do ? we keep doing more things ! :-) We think we can handle it , we know so many things need to get done . If you were planning a party or some event and were knee deep into it and someone walked up to you and said ‘Why don’t you just sleep and I will take care of everything ‘ we would probably say , “Are you crazy ? I have all this information in my head, Only I know what has to be done….” Lord, bless us with a willingness to give it all to You ! When I read this verse the picture I get in my head is this . Christ standing there with open arms saying “Come, let me take care it all for you” and then we standing right across Him saying “ Really Lord ? I don’t think you would understand though… “ And this is exactly what we are saying every time we decide not to lift it all to Him and try to work on our own strength and our own council. We read in verse 29 , “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls” Christ is telling us to drop it all down ! Whatever burdens we have been carrying on our own till now put it all down… you don’t have to carry it. All those hurts , anxieties of the past , present and future, all the bitterness, unforgiveness, anger, disappointments, fears… Let it go. It was never our burden to carry. We just decided to lift it all ! When we cast it all upon the Lord , He causes us to rest. And the yoke that He lays upon us is easy ! And you know what the best part is ? The word of God says ‘Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me.” All we need to do is be willing to listen and learn from the great I AM ! It doesn’t get easier than that !! :-) Troubled ? Worried ? Anxious ? Overwhelmed ? Confused ? Your soul will find rest when you come to Him ! Its an open invitation ! COME :-) Psalm 18 : 32,” It is God who arms me with strength, And makes my way perfect.” God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment