Monday, April 18, 2011

Worried about getting married? Dont be !

“I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.” Psalm 139 : 14 (New King James version) For those single and waiting for the Lord to lead , keep waiting , keep holding on . His works are marvelous !! :-) Continue to seek Him. He knows what we need of and when . He will provide. We have woken up this morning by His grace and for His glory. Awaken in good health , our families doing good. We have been fearfully and wonderfully made. Wow praise the Lord. While so many things keep happening in the world His protective hedge is around us and His mighty hand upon us. Verses 5-6, “You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it.” The literal meaning for the word hedged is enclosed. Wow . Just try picturing that ! Don’t you just want to give God a great big hug ? :-) True there will be pressure all around , true there might be people who start talking unwanted or negative things… true true true… But you want to know the greater truth ? His word ! He is faithful . Psalm 34: 4-5 ,”I sought the LORD, and He heard me, And delivered me from all my fears. They looked to Him and were radiant, And their faces were not ashamed.” I honestly do know what its like . Every time I call up my parents they have this one thought always running in their hearts ‘When will I see my daughter married.’ People asking my parents or asking me ‘So when are you getting married’ and I have one response ‘When God ordains it’. Do not try to decide something on your own strength or wisdom. Lean on Him and His understanding. He will lead, He will guide. Hey we are the apple of His eye ! He shed His blood for us ! He loves us with an everlasting love. Do not lose faith when it comes to things of marriage. It doesn’t matter what your need is this day … it could be marriage related , it could be financial , it could be a job ... .Trust in Him , hold on to Him , lean on Him and His understanding. I had gone out for lunch with my brother and family around six months ago when my second nephew who was 2 and a half years old then said he wanted juice . And then he pointed to a bottle of aquafina (mineral water). My brother patiently explained to him ,’No baby that is water its not juice’ and he wanted to give him juice which was in another bottle. But my nephew refused . He was quite adamant that the aquafina did contain juice. Well after a couple of minutes my brother handed him the aquafina (mineral water) bottle and my nephew took one sip and said ‘water’ . Ha ha ha. Wait upon the Lord ! He knows what we need of and He knows what to give us. Don’t hold on to something just because you think it’s right for you. Seek Him and find out what He has decided what’s right for you. Psalm 34: 8-10 ,” Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him! Oh, fear the LORD, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him. The young lions lack and suffer hunger; But those who seek the LORD shall not lack any good thing.” God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment