Monday, April 18, 2011

Whats the goal on our heart ?

“”Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6: 19-21 (New King James version) Last evening I found myself stuck in traffic. And in the city where I am at , vehicles come within centimeters of hitting your car and cut across and try to squeeze ahead. I kept pondering ‘Lord how am I ever going to be a Christian driver?’ . This is what the Lord laid in my heart “What’s your goal?” Have you ever heard of a ‘slow cycle’ race ? The objective is all cyclists have to pedal as slowly as possible. The person who reaches the finish line last wins ! Now if that was my goal , I would gladly let people cut across me, I would consistently hit my brake and let people overtake me (the people trying to squeeze in between the two inch gap between my car and the next ! ;-) ) And you know what ? I would be happy. Depending on our goal our entire perspective changes ! And this is for something as simple as driving down a road. Every day , every moment … what is the goal that we are looking to ? Philippians 3: 14 , “I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” Its so easy to get distracted and tied down by the cares of the world. Have we gotten sidelined in focusing on treasures of this earth ? Do we understand the goal ? Do we understand we are citizens of heaven ? God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment