Wednesday, August 17, 2011

He must increase, but I must decrease





“He must increase, but I must decrease.””
John 3: 30

















All of us desire that He increase and we decrease. We pray that , we sing that … but for a lot of us, we never do anything about it . We want to have the same lifestyle our way , have the same schedules our way , but still want God to increase.

We want God to work in our lives the way He worked in Paul’s life , in Daniel’s life but we don’t have the life of prayer that they did ! We like to have discussions about God , but don’t take the time to sit in His presence to listen from God.

While technology is a blessing , many of us have unfortunately used it to substitute our personal prayer time with God. We think “Oh I listen to Gospel songs and the sermons as I drive to work” , “I have verses sent to me on my phone” , “I read XYZ books this week” … that is awesome. These are all wonderful things that are meant to edify us and be a secondary source . The primary source has always been and will always be His presence and His word. Our personal time with Him cannot be substituted with anything else.

The world will drive us to be busy and have overly cluttered schedules - Handle with great caution !

As we start a whole new month by God’s grace , I pray that He will increase in our lives and we will truly decrease.

God Bless









No comments:

Post a Comment