Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Is it based on my works ?


“Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as if it were based on works. They have stumbled over the stumbling stone,”

Romans 9 : 32

For those of us who wear glasses, there are some things that can become a challenge. Like driving a bike in the rain ! (remove glasses cant see , wear the glasses cant see either ! – Need wipers !!). Another fun thing is a haircut. I went for a haircut last week and of course I had to take off my glasses during the haircut and voila the mirror becomes blurry. So I really have no idea to the finer details of the haircut, like the angle of the cuts with every snippety sound of the scissors. It does take faith that the stylist will give a good haircut or really good hair where you know that no matter how bad the haircut it will grow back pretty fast ! :-) Well by God’s grace I did get a pretty good cut ! Praise the Lord (Yes I did pray before she began cutting my hair :-) )

What did I have to do to get a haircut ? I just had to drive myself over to the stylist’s shop and that’s about it. The stylist took the pain of getting trained in the profession years ago , have a great shop set up in the heart of the city. Everything all set . It would be very silly on my part if I took credit for the hair cut saying ‘Oh guess what , my hair looks so great all because of the me ! My good hair is a direct result of my driving skills of the car’ … Doesn’t make sense really right ?

So is saying that our works will get us to heaven !

Ephesians 2 : 4-9 , “But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved— and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages He might show the immeasurable riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment