Saturday, August 11, 2012

Turning off the cold

“One thing I have desired of the LORD, that I will seek; That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in His temple.”

Psalm27: 4

Compared to where I am from, where I am right now is pretty cold. For anything, I want the water to be nice and hot even if its for washing the dishes. So there are the same usual two taps for – one for hot water and one for cold… I open both and the water is warm but not as hot as I would want it to be… so I turn hot water tap to the max and the water is still pretty lukewarm and bam ! this is what God speaks to me “In order to be hot you need to learn to cut off the cold” So yeah I did turn off the cold water tap and lo the water was really hot . Of course God was speaking about more than just water mixtures..The same thing applies to us in our walk with Christ.. we try and have both the hot and cold in our lives and think oh I am doing this and this and this and so I should be hot , but we might find ourselves lukewarm. The reason ? We have things that make us cold running alongside within us…Its Time to turn off the cold. There may be some things in our life that God wants us to change, to turn off, to prune, to cut off , for us to be truly on fire for Him.

The verse speaks of one thing , this one desire , this one thing David will seek , and that is to just dwell with Him all the days of his life just gazing at His beauty and studying at His feet.

A lot of us try and do several other things and expect that to compensate for having spent time in His presence.

We need to spend time and find out what are the several things we are seeking and turn off the cold. May our greatest desire , May the only one thing we seek is to just dwell with Him just gazing at His beauty and studying at His feet.

God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment