Saturday, August 11, 2012

Whats throwing you off balance?

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;”

Proverbs 3:5

Having an older brother brings out the adventurous side in you. As a kid, I used to walk on the boundary wall of my house which connected the gates (my version of the high wire act). Yesterday when travelling on the subway I was wondering where all my sense of balance went !  With every stop and jerk of the train , I found myself reaching for the railing overhead.  I actually did ask God “Lord as a kid I used to walk on the edge of the walls and all , and now I cant seem to balance in a train…  Whyyyyyyyyy ?!” and its amazing at how sweet our heavenly Daddy is, He answers even the funny questions of our heart. He brought my attention to my insanely large backpack on my back which held 9 books, a laptop and a lot of other stuff too. And He said , “What’s on your back is throwing you off balance, let go and you will find yourself stable”.

Of course I was happy to know my sense of balance hasn’t gone totally off , but here is where God nudged my heart even more… God has created us with hearts completely capable of trusting in Him completely. Its when we start carrying unwanted things upon ourselves (worries, our understanding, our striving, hurts, offenses, unforgiveness…) that we get thrown out of balance.

If we would just lay it all down, and surrender it all to Him, then it doesn’t matter what jerks , stops, twists or turns come on the way… Nothing can deter us for our trust is in Him completely.

Trust in the Lord with ALLLLLLLL your heart and lean NOTTTTTTTT on your own understanding.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment