Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dare to dream ?


"Joseph answered Pharaoh, “It is not in me; God will give Pharaoh a favorable answer.”"
Genesis 41:16



Let us rewind a bit to chapter 37. I encourage you to read from chapter 37 till 50. So in chapter 37 we read in verses 5-8 , "Now Joseph had a dream, and when he told it to his brothers they hated him even more. He said to them, “Hear this dream that I have dreamed: Behold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and behold, my sheaf arose and stood upright. And behold, your sheaves gathered around it and bowed down to my sheaf.” His brothers said to him, “Are you indeed to reign over us? Or are you indeed to rule over us?” So they hated him even more for his dreams and for his words."  We read again in verses 9-11 of another dream.

Now we all know what happened after this.. Joseph was sold by his own brothers as a slave , he was bought by Potiphar , he was unjustly put in prison. 

The question here is, after all of this would you still dare to dream ?

Joseph did... in fact he moved up a level and began interpreting dreams. Now we know this is not an act of self. It comes from walking in a close relationship with God. Now even after interpreting two dreams and having been forgotten for two years , when he is presented before Pharaoh guess what he says ? “It is not in me; God will give Pharaoh a favourable answer.”

Wow ! Isnt that beautiful ! No bitterness , no discouragement , just constant faith in knowing God is GOD ! He is in charge and thats all we need to know.

Joseph wasnt worried about what was the interpretation or fulfillment of his first couple of dreams mentioned in chapter 37. He knew God's hand of favour was with him. He knew that it didnt matter where he was but that he would honour God no matter what the circumstance or situation and it was from the heart.

Joseph was 17 in Chapter 37. When he came to power he was 30.  Would the greatest thing of your heart just be to honour HIM and love HIM and not be so caught up in how things are to unravel ? Would we be found praising Him and placing our trust in HIM no matter what ? And here is another key ... Would we be found giving God our all , doing our best no matter what the circumstances look like ? If I'm a slave I will still do my best and honour my God... If Im in prison I will still do my best and honour my God... I will speak and share of the goodness of Him wherever I am... I will not be found taken a laid back, disgruntled or hopeless posture because my GOD IS GOD !!

And here is the fun part... When you read the rest of the chapters and see how the Israelites came to Egypt and what happened thereon you realize that the first reaction of the brothers to his dream was unwarranted. While he was in a position of power , he didnt laud it over them and make them bow down to him for the rest of their lives... far from it actually.  Let our hearts be guarded by His word and not try to figure things out with our limited minds.. but let us lift it all to Him and let us walk trusting Him

Be encouraged ! Dare to dream ! Because our God is the great I AM ! His name is Jesus and He is Lord over all ! Our lives are in His hands and Daddy knows best ! He knows it all

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment