Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Now the time came...

"Now the time came for Elizabeth to give birth, and she bore a son."

Luke 1 : 57



God hears every prayers and He knows when to answer them. Our prayers do not fall on deaf ears. Sometimes we act as though they do :)  We serve a living powerful God and we need to put our trust in Him knowing that He knows best because He knows it ALL and He loves us with an everlasting love. 

We read in verse13 the angel tells Zechariah , “Do not be afraid, Zechariah, for your prayer has been heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you shall call his name John.

Do note in verse 7 it is written that they were both advanced in age.So they were well past the age where people would normally be likely to conceive. And from Zechariah's response to the angel it sounds like he had stopped praying regarding it for a long time. Verse 18, "And Zechariah said to the angel, “How shall I know this? For I am an old man, and my wife is advanced in years.”" How shall I know this ?? In other words , "How shall I believe this ? I am an Old Man and my wife is advanced in years. What you are saying sounds good but  how can I believe this?"

Have you given up hope on prayers that you have lifted up to the Lord ? His promises are forever true.  If you are wondering today , "How can I believe this?" Be encouraged, He is our God, He is the great I AM , Nothing is impossible for our GOd. He is not confined by logic. Only we are ! 

And we know what happened. Elizabeth conceived and who was their son ? John the baptist ! His timings are just so perfect..s o beautiful ! Praise the Lord ! He sees more and knows  more beyond what our mind can comprehend !

Do not become weary or disheartened. Put your trust in Him and in His wisdom ! 

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment