Monday, May 13, 2013

A moment to listen


"For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”"

Matthew 12:50



From my house I have hardly a minute walk to the bus stop where I catch a bus to head off to office in the morning. So one morning as I stepped out I saw the bus was heading and I knew I had a 45 second run if I did not want to miss it , so I started running. And I heard the bus horn blaring which was unusual, anyway i kept running on the sidewalk and reached the stop in time by the time the bus reached (honestly it must have looked like something from a comic book... Jacket, back pack and runnnn... )

Anyway, this was the funny part. The moment I got into the bus the driver said , "why were you running... I was hitting the horn to make you understand that I could have picked you up from where you were and you did not have to run till the stop"...  And apparently he said the more he hit the horn, the more i ran faster !! Yes definitely comic book material

But think about this ... How often are we so fixated with something and are so busy running towards something and God is trying to get our attention ? But we are just so caught up that we aren't willing to stop and listen ?

We read in Matthew 12: 50 , "For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.” And this is our desire... To do the will of God.. To live a life that is pleasing in His sight.. To be doers of the word and not just hearers... Yes, this is our desire. So hear is a question.. How often do we just stop and take a moment to listen to Him ?

We read in Luke 5: 16 ,"But He would withdraw to desolate places and pray."  If Jesus Himself would often spend time in prayer why do we think we are an exception to it ? Or we don't think we are an exception to it but are so caught up in doing things that we don't  spend time in His presence. 

Prayer is an important factor in doing the Father's will.  

May we not get so caught up with our own agendas that we lose sight of His

God Bless You

No comments:

Post a Comment