Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Assured in who He is !

"Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you declares the LORD."

Jeremiah 1:8


 

Lets take a look at verses 4-8, "Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

 Then I said, “Ah, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth.”

 But the Lord said to me,“Do not say, ‘I am only a youth’;for to all to whom I send you, you shall go,and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you, declares the Lord.”


This is what God sees :
- Someone whom He ordained and knew even before he was in the womb
- Someone set apart and consecrated even before he was born
- A prophet to the nations

This is what Jeremiah sees :
- Im just a youth !!!

See the difference ? I pray that we gain His perspectives today. 

And this is what the Lord continues to say , "for to all to whom I send you you shall go, and whatever I command you , you shall speak," Lets take a second to think about this.  HE sends and Jeremiah will go, HE commands and Jeremiah will speak.  Oh how beautiful is a life surrendered to Him. Moving forward in obedience to His word ! Its not by might nor by strength but by ? Yes, His Spirit. 

Our assurance needs to rest in who He is. When Moses and the Israelites saw the red see , God saw the solid ground that was so firm that it contained the red sea itself. He saw through the depths of the waters, the solid ground on which they would walk. He knows it all. How blessed is the assurance we have in our Sovereign Lord who is the creator of all things, who knows us even before we were formed in our mother's womb.

Isnt it awesome that we get to wake up in the confidence of knowing that we have a Saviour who is our King, our Father and He calls us His own. May we not be moved in doubt by what we see , but may we be rooted solid in who He is.

"Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you declares the LORD."

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment