Monday, July 14, 2014

Think Again

And when he had removed him, he raised up David to be their king, of whom he testified and said, ‘I have found in David the son of Jesse a man after my heart, who will do all my will  Acts 13: 22

Ever thought David was the only man after God's own heart ?  Think again





“‘And I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding."" Jeremiah 3:15
 
We read here in Jeremiah where God is telling Israel to return to Him. He goes on to say that He will give them shepherds (note the plural) after His own heart who will feed them with knowledge and understanding.

Who then is a person after God's own heart ? One who does His will !

We all know the verse where Abraham is called the friend of God (and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God. James 2:23)

We read in John 15:15 , "No longer do I call you servants,for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you."

We are His friends. We are called to be those after His own heart. He has revealed His will and His heart through the scriptures.

Let us never come to self conclusions saying , "Oh that kind of testimony was only for David" , "That kind of testimony was only for Abraham"

May we believe and walk in faith and obedience to His word !

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment