Friday, July 11, 2014

What does the world see in You?

"Thus you will recognize them by their fruits"

Matthew 7: 20




Those who know me personally, know when there's food laid out on a table Im the last one to ever have any veggies on my plate let alone any salads. I remember when I went over to a dear friend's place and she said "Oh you should try my salad !!" and I gave her this very polite smile and declined the offer ( For one, it had fruits in it ! ). Now having been accustomed to spicy food, the concept of having something sweet as meal didn't really register in my head. I loved desserts after a meal , but something sweet as a meal... Nope !
Well my friend was actually pretty persistent and she pointed to her 4 year old daughter and said "See , even she's enjoying it" and I looked at her face and it was true.. she was eating it as though it was the yummiest thing ever. I saw the faces of those around the room enjoying it and I was encouraged enough to try it. And when I ate it , no one was as surprised as me !! I loved it !! In fact it is now the only salad I truly enjoy ! Yes I went back for seconds and ever since its one of my favourite meals !

Now think about this.. If she said "Oh try this, it is so awesome.. you will love it" and then I looked around at the room and everyone eating the salad had these awful expressions on their faces, stressed out , worried, no smiles just dissatisfied looks all around ,  I would have never tried it !! Why should I ? The people eating it itself are not happy about it.. !

The question today is , what is the world seeing in us ? When we say 'try Jesus' what do they see in us ? What do they see in us as believers together ? Do they see the joy of the Lord ? Do they see the peace that surpasses all understanding ? What fruits are they seeing in us today ?

It is so easy to take grace for granted and use that as an excuse to not pray, or read our Bible, or live a testimonial life. The truth is He gives us grace to pray, He gives us grace to understand the scriptures and He gives us the grace to live a testimonial life for His glory.

We read in Matthew 7:17 , "So every healthy tree bears good fruit but the diseased tree bears bad fruit."

The saddest state of life would be one where we have convinced ourselves of a hypocritical lifestyle where we say we love God and say Jesus is Lord and our life has no reflection of the same. Its time to surrender ourselves completely to Him. And by His grace we shall live for His glory.

"Oh Lord, You're beautiful
Your face is all I seek
For when Your eyes are on this child
Your grace abounds to me

I wanna to take Your word and shine it all around
But first help me to just live it Lord
And when I'm doing well, help me to never seek a crown
For my reward is giving glory to You"  ~ K.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment