Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Do not limit God

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!"

Matthew 7: 11 (New King James Version)

Do not limit God ! This is something that the Lord has been teaching me over the past few weeks. A lot of times we look at things around us and think , "Ok so this is how things are going to work , this is what I will do ..." . We tend to limit God and give Him this tiny bit of space and say "Ok God , You can work in this space" . Sometimes we give up on seeking God and say , "if God hasnt answered my prayer till now then I guess I will not pray any more about it". Do not limit God.

When the Israelites looked at the sea in front of them they saw their doom. God saw a beautiful wonderful way to take the Israelites safely. And not only did God use that as a pathway for them , but he also used that to destroy the army of Egyptians. In fact when we read in Exodus 14 : 25 , "And He took off their chariot wheels, so that they drove them with difficultly; and the Egyptians said, "Let us flee from the face of Israel for the LORD fights for them agaisnt the Egyptians."" . FOR THE LORD FIGHTS FOR THEM ! Wow ! All the glory to God. And that is exactly what will happen in our lives when we stop limiting God and surrender completely to Him

A lot of times we look at the mess that we have turned our lives into and limit God and say "You cant work much with that". We forget how awesome it is when we give our lives to Him and see how He turns us into. He is the potter and we are the clay. All it takes is simple complete surrender to Him. Free fall into His arms and see how wonderful and amazing are His works. And you and I are created in His image. We have been ransomed by His blood. Oh how much more will He work in our lives if we let Him. Surrender.

Sometimes we mix up our definition of good with God's definition. We look at something with our physical eyes and with our limited thinking and say "This is good Lord I want it !!" . God however sees so much beyond. He is the Alpha and the Omega . He is the great I AM. We cannot even begin to comprehend His wisdom and the depths of His love.

The Bible says He will not withold any good thing ... Any what ? Good thing ! Not what we in our human nature perceive as good. But what He in His infinite wisdom says is good !

A year before I graduated from college I had in my hand an offer letter from a software firm . And I had told every one around me that no matter what I will never end up in a software firm no no no . I wanted to graduate and pursue the Biomed field. I thought that was good. I was good at it. I had done some good projects on it. I thought that was good. But God knew what was really good for me. And I thank God that my life is in His hands.All these years in the software industry I have seen the way God has led me and blessed me and used me for His glory. Its soooo amazing . It is good !! SO GOOD !

We being evil , know how to give good gifts to our children, to our family , to our friends... We being evil know how to give good gifts ! . How much MORE will our Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him !!

Surrender . Dont limit God

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment