Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"He is calling 'come dine with Me' .. Are u ready ?"

“Behold I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.”

Revelation 3: 20 (New King James Version)

This passage (verses 14-22 )talks about the lukewarm church. They are neither hot not cold. Neither are they on fire for the Lord nor are they totally cold. This is not a good position to be in !

Picture this. Jesus standing at the door and knocking . But its not just the knocking that you hear…. you hear His voice and open the door. Not just a random knock on the door and you hear the sound of knocking and just open the door. No. But a recognition of Him who is calling out . And you hear His voice and then open the door. There is a big difference between ‘just hearing a knock and opening the door not knowing who is there on the other side’ and ‘hearing and recognizing the voice of the one who is calling out and then out of joy to open the door’. Its an acceptance .

Jesus is not just knocking but He is calling out ! Are we listening ?

We read in Matthew 22 : 1-14 and in Luke 14: 15-24 about the parable of the wedding feast. Matthew 22:2-3 , “The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son, and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come.” A king had prepared a wedding feast and invited people to come. And when he sent his servants to find the people who were invited, the people began to give excuses.

Luke 14 : 18, “But they all with one accord began to make excuses, The first said to him , ‘I have bought a piece of ground, and I must go and see it. I ask you to have me excused.’”

Luke 14 : 19, “And another said, ‘ I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I am going to test them. I ask you to have me excused.’

Luke 14: 20, “Still another said, “I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.’

These excuses sound familiar ? “Lord sorry , no time to dine with you because I’m busy with my possessions”, “Lord ,sorry no time to dine with you because I’m busy with my work” , “Lord sorry no time to dine with you because you know I’m busy with family commitments”

Jesus is calling for us to come and dine with Him. Are we listening ?

Let us not be found lukewarm.

Luke 14: 24 , “’For I say to you that none of those men who were invited shall taste my supper.’

Revelation 3: 16 ,””So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment