Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Damaged Goods

“But God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

Romans 5: 8 (New King James Version)


Picture this… I bring before you this really really broken down car , with the wheels missing , the sides all dented , the entire car rusty, the bumpers falling apart, and the engine does not work. And I tell you , you can have this car for not just the max. retail price… no no no… I tell you I will give you this car , if you give me everything you’ve got ! How does that deal sound ?? Crazy right !!?

Many at times I cant help but wonder ‘Wow Lord , You bore all that humiliation , all that suffering , You died on the cross and You got me in return ? ! “ That’s the strangest deal ever ! When I go to a shop to pick up anything , say a shirt for my brother , I check it all well to make sure there are no tears , no stitches coming loose , no stains… and then I make the payment .

Isn’t our Father amazing ? When He looked at us and decided to pay the price for us when we weren’t perfect … we weren’t stain free all white as snow ! Nope , we were damaged goods. But yet He paid the price and ransomed us by His blood ! Such love is just too wonderful for us to comprehend.

If you are thinking today ‘My life does not make sense ‘ ,’Im not worth anything ‘ , ‘Im damaged goods’ understand this – God has plans for you … Plans so beautifully ordained for you that He decided to pay the price for you.

We read in II Corinthians 5: 21 , “For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him”.

I pray that every day we will surrender and submit our lives to Him for His plans to be fulfilled in our lives. Not what we think we want or need to have. But what plans He has for us. He paid the price knowing the paths that He intends us to walk in. I pray we will learn to obey

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment