Wednesday, October 20, 2010

In His Image

“So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.”

Genesis 1 : 27 (New King James Version)


Growing up with my brother who is 7 years elder to me has been a rather interesting journey. He is a blessing to me and I thank God for him. A lot of times as a kid I would see him doing something and I would think , “well if he can do it , so can I … “ For those of you who have grown up with an elder sibling , especially an older brother I am sure you can relate to this. As I grew up I found myself challenging myself further because of what my brother could do. He played volleyball at a district level , he was popular in school , he was captain for his group… And I would think ‘Hey we share the same genes… so if he can do it …so can I J “. God is gracious and by His grace I played badminton at a state level , like my brother I was awarded the outstanding student at school and graduated school captain. I look at my brother and I see ‘well if he can do it then it must be in my genes too :-) ‘…. I praise God for a wonderful role model he has been in my life. I look at him today and see him as a Pastor and I go wow ! Praise the Lord !

We were created in the image of God. Do we truly understand how we can be ? We CAN be forgiving … we CAN be meek … we CAN be truthful… we CAN surrender all to Him … all by His grace !! We ARE free from the bondages of sin. He made us just like Him J The more we look to Him the more He transforms us …

Jesus Christ is our Savior. We were ransomed by His blood . We are now sons and daughters of the most High. We now have His nature in us. Don’t let the devil tell you otherwise. Be transformed in Him. He is our Father !

Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.” II Corinthians 3: 17-18

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment